The Spirit of the Rules
The rules written here are meant to facilitate the smooth progression of the competition and help players and administrators resolve conflicts. The most important principle is that teams and players attempt, to the best of their abilities, to play and finish their matches regardless of what happens.
An infraction of the rules (breaking them) may cause a team to forfeit a game – take an automatic loss. Severe infractions of these rules may lead to a disqualification from the competition.
MSI ISHTAR SHIELD VALORANT Tournament 2021 (Campus Edition)
• Game: VALORANT by Riot Games
• Date: 13-14 March 2021
• Location: Online
• Participating country: Malaysia
• Broadcast channels: MSI Gaming Malaysia @ Facebook
11 - 12 March 2021 : Online Qualifier
13 March 2021 : Semi Finals
14 March 2021 : Finals
* Online Qualifier date may change based on total registered teams with prior notice by the organizer.
A. IMPORTANT NOTES
1. All participants must read all parts of the Rules and Regulations/Terms and Conditions/Statement and Disclaimer/Indemnity.
2. MSI Malaysia (MSI) and Genysis Entertainment (M) Sdn. Bhd. have the right to contact the applicants to seek information regarding their application. MSI Malaysia & Genysis will disseminate relevant information to all Participants by email and Discord. Please ensure that the registered email address/Discord ID are valid and checked regularly.
3. The Organizer reserves the right to reject applications from participants who violate any of the Rules and Regulations/Terms & Conditions for all future Esports tournaments organized by the Organizer.
4. The results of the competition will be announced on the official event platform.
5. The team leader must join discord and follow up all instructions from the local referees. Please join discord here: [https://discord.gg/3ut3gGy2fz]
B. RULES & REGULATIONS
1 Player Eligibility
1.1 Player Eligibility
In order to be eligible to participate in a Tournament as a player, an individual must be a registered universities, colleges, tertiary schools' student in Malaysia (MY) at time of registration, before the start of the tournament. Participants are required to provide necessary documentation such as student's registration, student's identity card, or any relevant certificates as required for verification by the organizer point of registration. In order to maintain the identity and integrity of the tournament and the teams that compete in the MSI ISHTAR SHIELD VALORANT Tournament 2021 (Campus Edition), it is essential for such requirement to encourage the type of representation and identification. Each Team is required to maintain, at all times during the MSI ISHTAR SHIELD VALORANT Tournament (Campus Edition), with all players, including substitute that are valid "Student" (as defined above) within Malaysia. Participant(s) or Team(s) may comprise members from different institutions, without requirement to represent the learning institution enrolled.
1.2 Player Age
In order to be eligible to participate in a Tournament as a player, an individual must be older than 18 years of age before the start of the Tournament, 18 years of age defined as having lived 18 full years. If a player is under such age (fulfilled requirement 1.1) older than 16 years of age (i.e. the player has lived for at least 16 calendar years) as of the Tournament start date, he or she may still enter the Tournament if he or she meets the other eligibility criteria in these Tournament Rules and the Registration Rules and a parent or legal guardian accepts these Tournament Rules and the Registration Rules on behalf of the player, and consents to the player’s participation in the Tournament, using a parental consent form provided by the Tournament Organizer. Tournament Organizer will receive parental consent form after the player advances to the quarter final.
1.3 Players may not play for or contract with more than one Team at a time (Multiple teams). If a player enters such an arrangement or contract, tournament Officials reserve the right to bar the player from playing any future matches until the situation has been resolved and the player is in compliance with the requirements in this Section.
1.4 No MSI Malaysia (“MSI”) or Tournament Organizer (Genysis Entertainment) Employees
Team Members may not be employees of MSI Malaysia (“MSI”) or Tournament Organizer (Genysis Entertainment) or any of their respective affiliates at any point during the MSI ISHTAR SHIELD VALORANT Tournament 2021 (Campus Edition) competitive season.
2 Game Rules
2.1 Game Version
The version of VALORANT used for Tournament Games will be determined by the Tournament Organizer.
2.2 Player Accounts
Valorant nickname must be in format Riot ID#Tagline. Any other format will be invalid. You are not allowed to share or use another person’s game account. Your account is for your use, and your use alone.
All matches in the MSI ISHTAR SHIELD VALORANT Tournament 2021 (Campus Edition) should start as stated in the official communication or as soon as the previous match is over. Any changes in the starting time must be approved by the tournament administration. All participants should be ready for 60 minutes before the scheduled time for each match. All players / teams are expected to check-in / report to the tournament appointed officials, prepared, without any technical problems that might occur. If you notice at any point you will be late for any match, please inform a tournament official as soon as possible!
2.4 Start of a Game
Once all players of each Team have arrived, two teams’ captains confirm all players are ready to begin the game. Once each Team Captain confirms readiness, Lobbies holders can start the game.
2.5 Participants Not Showing
If a participant is not ready to play until 15 minutes after the scheduled start of the match, it is considered a no show. In that case, the participant will be penalized and lose the match with the worst score possible.
Ascent, Bind, Haven, Split
All Agents are allowed to be played at this point of time (including Agent Yoru - VALORANT patch notes 2.0)
2.8 In-Game Setup and Rules
2.8.1 General/Game Setup
Maps: Bind, Haven, Split, Ascent
Team Size: 5 players
Roster Size: 6 players (5 Starters and up to 1 Substitute)
Map: depending which map must be played from the mappool
Overtime: Win by two: On
Tournament Mode: On
2.9 Stoppage of Play or Remake the game
● If one of the teams will not pick all the agents in the character selection screen and the game goes back to the lobby, the game must be remade.
● In the case that the game started before writing ready from both sides, the team which did not write ready has the right to call a remake before round 1 of the game starts. (Before the countdown in the game of round 1 reaches 0).
● If any of the players are not connected to the game before the counter reaches 0, the team can call a remake and the game must be remade.
● If the game started on the wrong map, the game must be remade.
● To do the remake, all the players must leave the match. Start the next game as soon as possible. Both team captains will have to write ready again. If the team is not ready by 5 minutes after the remake, the team which is not ready will be disqualified. Game can be remade only once, the game must be played in the way it started after the remake, even if the issues will occur. The situation can still be reported in Discord.
● If the team which is hosting the game does not remake. The Opposing team can report the situation to the Admins on Discord. The case will be reviewed and can result in disqualification of the team which did not do a remake.
If a player disconnects during the game, the game must continue and will not be paused or remade. (If the game has the GLL observer and cheats are enabled, the game can be paused during the game, but a team must write before the countdown of the round reaches 0).
2.9.3 Live Streaming
To ensure fair play and the integrity of MSI ISHTAR SHIELD VALORANT Tournament 2021 (Campus Edition), all players are not allowed to open live streaming during the competing time.
Livestream of the tournament will be broadcasted with stream delay to further encourage fair play.
3 Post-Game Process
Once the match finishes, both team captains must take a screenshot of the results and post it in the Discord after each game.
On the game result screenshot, results above the scoreboard, all the players and information of the match on the right of the results must be visible.
OFFICIAL PLAYER'S HANDBOOK & TOURNAMENT RULES AND REGULATIONS will be available for download at the tournament organizer's Discord Channel at [https://discord.gg/3ut3gGy2fz]